The Quanta Redvale Tablet Running MeeGo 1.0
The Quanta Redvale tablet is powered by an Intel 1.5 Ghz Moorestown processor with a 10 inch touchscreen. MeeGo is Nokia and Intel’s new born baby. This OS is going to change the way users interact with a device. And this Open-source OS is just not restricted to Smartphones, even tablets run this OS. Here’s an example. Video after the break.
Here are some breif highlights from the video:
- Running on MeeGo 1.0 with tablet user experience
- Simple mode – easiest way to access applications from icons
- Panel mode – ‘more personalised, rich and dynamic environment where users have access to their own content’. Library panel for eBooks, friends panel for social network status updates, video panel for quick access to videos, image panel for image.
- There’s a demonstration of media player and playback of 720p video clip.
- Demonstration of multi-touch – zooming of images via pinch and five finger multi-touch in a finger paint application.
- Battery lifetime of ‘around 6 hours’.
- Multi-tasking of applications, with a task-switcher bar along the bottom of the screen.