Symbian Anna now available for N8,E7, C7 and C6-01, at your nearest Ovi Suite/NSU!
Anna is here. Day’s before the roll out Symbian Anna was available on Navifirm already. Today, Nokia began to roll out the much awaited Symbian Anna a.k.a PR 2.0 update for Nokia N8 C7 E7 and C6-01 Symbian devices.
Things you would notice with ‘Anna’
- Pop icons
- Smooth page scroll
- Split-screen potrait QWERTY keyboard
- New web browser (v7.3)
- NFC support (Nokia C7 only)
- Continuous Auto Focus for recording videos (Nokia N8 only)
This update might not available to some operators and countries immediately, it might take a while, hardly a week. As promised (end of week, august).
Do try connecting your phone to PC and firing Ovi Suite or Nokia Software updater PC application to get this update. Do let us know if you succeeded. For the rest of you, keep trying!
More about Symbian ‘Anna’ from Nokia itself :
What’s in it?
Lots. Let’s break down the main changes section-by-section. There are the new icons, of course, but there’s a whole lot more under the hood.
Improved text input
- There’s a portrait QWERTY keyboard for fast, single-handed typing.
- There’s also a split-screen view while you’re typing, so you can see the web pages, forms and message threads you’re replying to.
- The browser is easier to use and faster, and offers better compliance with recent standards.
- Ovi Maps now has a simpler and quicker search function.
- It also includes public transport routes.
- And you can check in to social networks, send emails and SMS messages sharing your location.
- Email improvements include full meeting request support.
- Hardware-accelerated encryption of your phone’s data for true business-grade security.
- Secure intranet access for business users who need IPSEC and SSL VPN enablers.
- Symbian Anna also activates the NFC hardware in the Nokia C7, for easy sharing, games, use with NFC-enabled accessories and reading NFC tags on other items.
- Flashlite 4, Java Runtime 2.2, Qt Mobility 1.1 and Qt 4.7 bring things up-to-date for developers.
How do I get it?
The Symbian Anna update will be available through Ovi Suite on the PC or the SW Update app on your phone. This is a large download, so for speed and reliability, the Ovi Suite method is best. We do not recommend that you attempt to update over-the-air unless you have a strong and reliable WiFi connection.
Where and when?
Countries that will receive their updates this week include the following:
Belgium, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, Germany, India, Indonesia, Kuwait, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Thailand, UAE, the UK, and more
Other countries are mostly confirmed for the next three weeks.
Enjoy your newly-refreshed phone, Symbian^3 users. And there’s more to come
Good luck updating! Even more excited for Symbian ‘Belle’, than Anna! Where are you lady.?