Swype for Symbian out now at Nokia beta labs
What is Swype?
Swype provides a faster and easier way to input text on any screen. With one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard, the patented technology enables users to input words faster and easier than other data input methods—at over 40 words per minute. The application is designed to work across a variety of devices such as phones, tablets, game consoles, kiosks, televisions, virtual screens and more.
Swype is finally out for Symbian^1 phones. How cool is that! Am guessing that swype will work best on X6 (as its a capacitive touchscreen phone).
Compatibility and system requirements
- Nokia 5800
- Nokia 5230
- Nokia X6
- Nokia N97
- Nokia N97mini
- Standard QWERTY keyboard layout makes Swype easy to learn
- Use a stylus or finger – Swype’s amazing input path analyzer allows you to go fast and sloppy. Just make a reasonable effort to trace through the word and Swype will do the rest
- Double Tap Editing – Make a mistake? Double tap on a word to bring up a list of other possible matches.
- Auto Spelling Correction
- Automatic Help – Swype detects when you may be having trouble or might benefit from a particular feature and prompts you with helpful tips and instructions
- Instant access to Symbols, Numbers and Editing functions
- 65,000-word Learning Dictionary – Chances are the word you are typing is already in the Swype dictionary. If it isn’t, just tap it out once followed by a space and Swype will remember it for future use.
How to Setup Swype : Here
Screenshot from twitter user @dherwan which he tested on his X6.
PS : To be able to use Swype, your prediction needs to be set on one of the currently supported languages: English US, Spanish, Canadian French and Brazilian Portuguese.