Q&A On the Nokia N8 – Highlights
There was this Q&A session held live at the Nseries Blog where the Questions of many bloggers and Nokia enthusiasts were answered , these are a few highlights from them.
- There is no touch focus i.e. its single click touch all around
- The Nokia N8 has the conversational view in sms
- The Nokia N8 supports five 3G bands, so works also in the US.
- New 28mm wide angle optics from Zeiss gives wider view and fits well with 16:9 view finder & pics
- The Nokia N8 has 680Mhz processor coupled with graphics accelerator. This means appr 60 frames per second on the UI resulting in a very competitive performance.
- On the battery: it is mainly about the design: we wanted to create a robust device that feels good in the hand, so with one-piece aluminium body we get a range of colors but also a great package with real glass display
- Capasitive screen gives more sensitivity + added text prediction. We’ve got nice results in user tests in writing speeds etc.
- WebTV, the offering varies between markets, we’ll have an initial offering which will increase later on.
- Users can’t change the battery, need to take to Nokia service
- Two mics means stereo audio recording..better ambient sound capture
- We expect the Nokia N8 to start shipping in 3rd quarter
- USB OTG: we got inbox adapter and you can plug in USB sticks & hard drives. There is obviously a limit what kind of current N8 supply so it means that with some hard drives you need an external power supply. You can transfer easily big files without PC
More jump to link below.
Thanks to Dan for the Compilation.