Ovi Maps then, Nokia Maps now, v3.08 up for grab!
The ever trusty, uber awesome previously known as Ovi Maps, now Nokia maps gets updated to v3.08. This version brings in a host of features, with big changes in drive, where you can avoid gridlock and other road blocks with ‘live traffic’ routing feature. The UI has been changed, easing up things! Others changes include.
- Live traffic routing takes traffic information into account to avoid traffic jams automatically (available in Germany, France, US, UK and Russia).
- Turn on “Avoid traffic” in your “Route settings” to take traffic conditions into account while you drive. Always get the best route for right now.
- New Drive look & feel – home screen now has buttons for “Set destination,” “Drive home” and “Just drive.”
- “Just drive” or Drive assistance shows your accurate speed, gives speed warnings, the distance driven and real time traffic.
- New information bar on Drive navigation and Drive assistance screens.
- Also easily toggle between Estimated Time of Arrival in minutes or distance to your destination – just tap the icon on the screen.
- New option menus in Drive.
- Set a contact as a destination.
- Easily change your settings during Drive navigation. Changes in settings are immediate and can been seen instantly.
- Long tap is now available to give quick access to “Drive to,” “Walk to,” “Share” and various lists.
- Settings reorganized to “General” “Maps & Walk” and “Drive.”
You need to have a Nokiabetalabs account to try this app. Follow this link : Download
PS : Supported devices are Nokia N8, Nokia C6-01, Nokia C7-00, Nokia E7-00, Nokia E6-00, Nokia X7-00.