Nokia N9 gets big software update, PR 1.3! Tons of improvements.
Quick heads up N9 owners, lovers! Nokia has starting pushing one of the biggest firmware update noted till date. This version brings in tons of performance improvements, new features, applications and more!
From Nokia Support forum,
As you might have noted already, we have now started rolling out a new update for N9 to 40.2012.21-3. This software release brings you over 1000 quality improvements, including Mail, Facebook, and Twitter, as well as several small network and connectivity improvements. For more information on the update, you can check out http://swipe.nokia.com/.
The update will be released in waves during the next few weeks, firstly to non-branded variants and later on for other variants as well. When an update is available a notification with the icon is shown in the Events
view. Select the notification to view and install the update. Enjoy!
Official – Change log of the Nokia N9 40.2012.21-3 (PR 1.3) firmware release (release date: 2.7.2012):
Over 1000 quality improvements including Mail, Facebook, Twitter, minor network & connectivity improvements.
User reported – Changelog log of the Nokia N9 40.2012.21-3 (PR 1.3) firmware release :
- file upload now seems to work using the default browser (1)
- video decoding got improved (1) (2) (3)
- UI feels alot smoother now (1) (2) (3)
- Beep profile has an Icon on status bar and standby screen (1) (2)
- It seems that wireless networks are found much faster than before. In addition the device sees more networks than with PR1.2 (1)
- Fix for GNOME Bug 662125 - Sharing uses 100% CPU if a client requests a lot of small slices from a media file, most visible symptom is choppy video playback (1)
- Compatibility fix for XBox360 (GNOME Bug 664184): Previously showed a single song up to 5 times in the “All Songs” list (1)
- better NFC support with C7 (1)
- Inception 0.1 security hole got fixed (but there is Inception 0.2 already) (1)
- Swipe resistance fix for RSS reader app (1)
- “Fenix not responding” message was renamed to “Mail not responding” (1)
- certificate-based access in MfE works now (1)
- Swype keyboard works again properly in terminal (was broken on pr1.2) (1)
- The browser top sites selection seems to be less laggy coming up (1)
- Music Player widget on Lockscreen have little shadows at its font. it works nicely with bright wallpaper (1)
- Camera improvements (out of centre focusing and improved autofocus in low light) (1)
- New fonts again (1)
- Nokia Maps positioning is a lot faster when in indoor (1)
- Twitter app now support timeline & mentions streaming (1)
- The weather widget background on the notification screen is now transparent (1) (2)
- Copy/Paste text is more precise now to select (1)
- Nokia Music store payment bug fixed (1)
- Various minor performance and layouting fixes were made for the application icons and folders (1)
- Bookmarks were opened using the previous default browser after changing the default browser (1)
- Application icons were sometimes incorrectly shown after unsuccessful application installation (1)
- Some default application names were truncated in some languages (1)
- Notification timestamps were incorrect in certain scenarios (1)
- Profile selection did not work after using headset (1)
- Lock screen did not update when connected to a TV (1)
PR 1.3 demoed on Nokia N9 :
To learn how to update your MeeGo phone, go here.
Also, in other news, the whole MeeGo brain, i.e. Sotiris Makrygiannis, Head of Development of MeeGo and his team are moving out of Nokia! These were the same people who were responsible for birth of devices such as the N770, N800, N810, N900, N950 and the N9! Head over to this talk maemo thread if you wanna thank these amazing people for their creations.