Nokia N8’s new browser and improved homescreen swiping demoed!
Well this is just a proof of action what we really wanted to see. The homescreen swipe and web browser of the N8 was not all that appreciative. So as we knew that Nokia was working on a Qt based browser, guess this might be that. This update will be rolled out to all Symbian^3 phones. This update’ll be out by end of next month ie EOF November. Mostly.
The new browser which you see in this video is quiet impressive and what it should have been from before. Things that we can easily notice :
- Bottom bar is removed. (FINALLY)
- Address bar is moved to top for better usability and readability.
- The whole page is used up smartly, looks more usable.
- Full Screen loading by default.
- Text Entry can ACTUALLY be seen with keyboard for gods sake. (How long did one wait for this)
PS : The Original Uploader said :
The demo of browser is just for showing the UI and functionalities that were missing from S60v5 browser. However it is a still very much evolving and developing product, any arguments about performance and interface might not be fair for the time being.
Hope this turns out to be awesome than we just thought. The Qt is here to change things. Not very sure if this browser is Qt based or webkit based. But i’d advice Nokia to get things working faster. The don’t want to lose their loyal customers again right.