Nokia N8 Mania!
Hello N8 freaks, in this post you’ll be seeing N8 in action at its best. The Nokia N8 will be the second Nokia to have a capacitive touchscreen, following the X6. This phone has all the qualities to become the next best imaging king in the market after the N82 which truly is a Legend.
N8 features a 12MP sensor where the camera senor size measure a freaking 1/1.83 which is very big and industries first, also has an advantage of Xenon flash, guess this is a good bye time for the Digicams.
Some really cool features of Symbian^3 OS and N8 is where the users will have single-tap interaction, addition of multiple home screens, and customization abilities, multi-touch capabilities with gesture support , HDMI out with Dolby Digital Plus sound and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n.
The N8 will be the first ever device to support UMTS bands used by both T-Mobile USA and AT&T Mobility, with its Pentaband 3.5G radio.Due to ship in select markets during the third quarter of 2010 at a RRP of €370 ($499; £320) before subsidies and taxes..
Some Highlights of N8
Music Player with Coverflow
Threaded SMS with Smiley Support
Coming to Symbian^3 Operating System.
What is Symbian^3?
Symbian^3 is the first fully open source version of the Symbian platform, and the second release of the Symbian platform by the Symbian Foundation. It extends Symbian^2 in many ways, including graphics support for advanced layering and effects, full HDMI support for a great television playback experience and improved data performance – ideal for streaming high definition audio and video.
Benefit for us and developers in Symbian^3?!
The most important improvements to the user experience:
- Networking An improved networking architecture, ideal for streaming high definition audio and video
- Multimedia Full HDMI support with HDCP to provide a great high definition video experience when plugging your mobile device into a television
- Graphics Re-architected to harness the full power of graphics hardware acceleration and provide support for advanced layering and effects
- Usability Improved single tap support to make the UI more fluid and easy to use
Symbian ^3 Screenshots
Click each image for a larger view.
Symbian^3 for Developers
- Qt 4.6 Application Framework Availability of the Qt 4.6 application framework for Symbian^3 is a key step in the evolution of Symbian’s application development environment – it will become the primary application framework in Symbian^4. Availability in Symbian^3 allows developers to start unleashing the power of this new runtime, to plan new applications and to start the migration of their existing applications.
- Smart Installer for dependency management “Smart installer” technology in S^3 which makes it possible to fetch and install the correct version of Qt automatically when a user attempts to download a Qt-based application.
[VIDEO] N8 and More
N8 Hands on
Nokia N8 at the Nokia Connections 2010 in Singapore
Sample Video Recording from Nokia N8
The Sexy Black N8 demo
Sample photos shot on Nokia N8
Simply click on each thumbnail image below to view each original photo in full detail.
Thanks to everyone who shared the N8 news. Was really helpful to create this post.
Nokia with all criticism that it faced with N97, they have brought the N8 to the world which is a massive improvement over the N97 & with Symbian^3, the UI seems to be ready almost. With the trademark ” N-SERIES ” features, pricing, N8 will be a massive hit. Most of the folks are ready with money to buy the phone, but its left to Nokia that how quick they bring N8 to market. Also my point of concern is whether N8’s Symbian^3 will be updated to Symbian^4 ? Haven’t got proper answers till now. So for now let me use Symbian^3 OS to the fullest and then think about Symbian^4. Will comment more once i get the device hands on.
Let me know whether N8 and Symbian is a #Win or #Lose?
Check out this super cool preview of N8 by folks at engadget . Head over HERE to read the preview.
1. Latest Nokia User Guide – Final (Retail) copy : HERE.
2. My N8 Hands on preview : HERE
Share and Enjoy
- Comments (11)
Fatal error: Cannot assign by reference to overloaded object in /home/arun8gb/nokiasaga.com/wp-content/themes/mystique/atom-core.php on line 4232