Nokia N8 Custom Firmware Builder Tool
Most of you might be familiar with Custom Firmwares if your following Symbian scene carefully. Custom firmwares is something like u tuning your car’s engine according to your taste.
Il.Socio the big mind behind RomPatcher++ has shaped this tool.
– New: you can now create cooked fw for N8 (UDA/FAT only)
– New: added a checkbox to allow resizing of ROFS/ROFx images.
– Fixed: FAT/UDA editor wasn’t working properly.
– Improved: Log Window can be resized
– Improved: The OBY is created trying to keep the same file order as in the original firmware.
– Fixed: Warnings raised from the RofsBuild.exe command will be shown in the log window and the repack will complete successfully. If the RofsBuild.exe raised an error, the repack will not be completed.
– Fixed: Some ROFS file were skipped during the Rebuild if the file was in a very long path like:
“C:\Documents and Settings\Root\Desktop\NokiaCooker BETA 0.4.1\Files\private\10203636\security\trustroots\device\certificates\TMO_trusted_third_party_certificate.cer”
– Improved: ROFX Rebuild
– Improved: Shows warning messages raised from the RofsBuild.exe command
– New: FAT32 file-system is now supported. (X6 UDA is in FAT32 format)
– New: Extension Column in the grid. So you can easily remove unneeded languages files from the ROFS
– New: Experimental ROFx support… It should work but NEEDS TO BE TESTED!
– New: Automatically creates a Backup File when repacking firmware.
– Improved: FAT Detection
– Fixed: ROFS Rebuild for N97
WARNING: Not all the ROFS can be modded! Modding a “protected” ROFS could brick your phone. If you haven’t successfully modded the ROFS of your phone before, I suggest you to edit only the UDA/FAT.