Nokia grows profits and smartphone share in Q4
The big just got bigger, its about the Q4 profit of Nokia, their net income jumped 65% to €948 million (on €12 billion in sales) . Importantly, Nokia grew its smartphone marketshare to a healthy 40%, up from 35% just last quarter. Looking forward, Nokia cautioned that it expects its adjusted operating margin in Devices & Services in Q1 2010 will be at the low end of its 12% to 14% target. At the time of this posting, Nokia stock has jumped about 9% in recognition of these good times. Just a heads up from the Engadget guys.
- Nokia converged device share up to 40%, from 35% in Q3 2009
- 329 million mobile device units shipped, up 8% from 2008
- Double the operating cash flow from Q3 2009, to EUR 1.5 billion
- Shipped approx. 4.6 million Nseries and 6.1 million Eseries devices in Q4 2009, compared to 8.9 million combined in Q3 2009
- 22.6% increase in mobile device sales by volume in North America
Great going for Nokia. Also with the release of Free lifetime navigation Nokia is set to go place’s.