Nokia C3 is Solid, Sexy and a value for money product. If you are a Social networking freak you must put in your cash for this handset as its good at Messaging and social networking. This phone is a “Poor Man’s E72”.
At its Indonesia launch, the phone drew massive crowds. And at many other countries this phone has been a mass hit, since its day of launch.
Reasons : Its Youth, Fits in Budget of many, Designed to perfection, and Social Networking is the theme.
The device has a good feel in hand. Its cute, solid build, glossy front. The homescreen is neatly used up. The QWERTY keypad is as nice as it must be. Some of the must have apps already in house, like the Community app, Conversation app for easy Messaging, Opera Mini and games like bounce and Sudoku etc. I like the improved Photo gallery app. S40 interface as always is Simple and works just perfect without a need to worry about bugs or hangs.
2.4″ 256K-color QVGA display
Series 40 UI, 6th edition
802.11b/g Wi-Fi support , Bluetooth
Neat homescreen and with dedicated buttons for Social Networking
Stereo FM radio with RDS, Visual radio, Music and Video Player
MicroSD card slot (Expandable upto 8GB supported)
3.5mm audio jack
Great audio quality
1320 mAh battery with 800 Standby and 7Hrs Talktime
Design – looks & feel
1. To the left side of the device there’s USB port and a SD card Slot next to it.
2. Standard 3.5mm Audio jack at the top center , with a Charger port next to it.
3. No hardware button to the right of the device.
4. The battery cover is made of metal, and it gets released by pressing two knobs on either side of the handset.
5. The phone had a D-Pad, and Shortcut keys for Community and Messaging app, also has a call and end button and a neat Qwerty Keypad.
6. The device feels Solid as i said earlier and has a great appeal. RICH.
Interaction – UI
1. This phone runs on S40 6th Edition OS. I’ve been a great fan of S40 OS just because of the way it functions. Its Simple, Reliable, Usable, need one not worry much about the OS at all no bugs or hangs.
2. C3 has a neat looking Homescreen, the whole screen estate is used up well, it has multiple contact bar, a community widget kind of shortcut, and Shortcuts for apps. ALL OF THESE ARE CUSTOMIZABLE ie.. the homescreen shortcuts can be replaced by those which interests the user.
3. Customizable menu – Single, List, Grid, Grid with Lables views.
4. The Default Font size offers a great read even for aged ones. Which can also be customizable.
5. No multitasking, but not a ZERO multitasking , as the inbuilt rather the native apps do work in background and updates itself, also while WEB Browsing you can still make calls and text someone without needing to close the program. wOOT! That is cool.
Inside C3 – In Depth
1. The phone didn’t fail to impress me in set of activities what it was intend to perform , may be messaging or social networking and a music and apps and games. Not bad at all, but some compromise has to be done. *Keep in mind this is not a PDA so don’t expect it to perform all the task in world.
2. The Communities app is not the greatest Social networking app that we have ever seen but it just does the job well, and this app handles the Facebook account pretty well compared to Twitter. I’d recommend Snaptu app too.
3. C3’s Phonebook stores up to 2000 contacts , which is mostly sufficient IMO. And coming to calls, the voice clarity is not upto the mark. Its average.
4. Messaging as a whole offers a lot features, MMS, email, Chat you name it and C3 has most of it. Also this phone Supports Ovi Chat which simply doesn’t mean u can have just chat with your OVI Friends, but u can also add ur MSN, Yahoo and Gtalk friends too.
5. Nokia C3 also has PUSH Email Support. Works with most widely used protocols such as POP3, IMAP4 and SMTP. And setting up an Email account takes hardly 5mins even to the first timers. Also there’s multiple account support. Which simply means u can add a Gmail account as well as a Yahoo or MSN and so on.
6. Web Browser – Opera Mini has become like the most used / default browser on many low end and mid ranged phones these days. And Opera Mini is the Default Browser here too. And the default Nokia Browser works too. Also in case your full fledge browsing and u need to text somebody or call somebody you can still do it. And this phone is Smart.
7. This phone has one of the Greatest Photo Gallery i have ever seen in an S40 phone. It has a three Options like MyPhotos, Timeline and MyAlbums. Like C3 offers Single View mode, and shows up thumbs of 12pics at a time, Open each Zoom or Pan it, Also TIMELINE is one where those photos are organised by date taken and so.
8. Music player is great again, has an EQ and Stereo widening also has couple of themes for it. Phone also has FM with RDS, Video player is okie, plays 3GP and Mp4 formats.
9. Camera nothing much to expect from a 2MP camera, no surprise but it has a camera that is all.
10. There’s Ovi Store app, alarm clock, Cal, Voice Recorder, To-Do list, Notes, Countdown timer, Stopwatch. Simple yet powerful.
As the low end AKA Feature Phone game is getting tougher Nokia hasn’t stirred up by any means, But they are just getting better with each product they release! And Nokia C3 is one such outstanding product by em.
Why i call this a “Poor Man’s E72”
When it comes to Messaging the E-series was and still is the KING. But this little phone here does what an series could do, All at a lesser price! (Almost does everything except multitasking). It has WiFi, Push Email, Combined Twitter and Facebook app, Chat , Conversation type messaging , Smiley, good photo Gallery, Snappy UI, Good looks and all these at a Reasonable price! Yes that is Nokia C3 for you.
If these are some features which your looking for in a Feature phone under 150$ then GO FOR IT!